Thursday, July 17, 2008

Viva La Mexico


This past weekend I took off with some friends for a fun filled trip to Rocky Point! There was some of the same people I had went with last year and some new. We had rented a beach house on Cholla Bay. It was pretty big and only cost us $75 each. Pretty sweet! I know people will caution against eating in Mexico, but I love it! I ate tres tacos for $3, bean burros on the beach, a mango flower, fresh tamales, homemade tortillas, cheese enchilada, and a coconut popsicle. Yum! And I haven't gotten sick yet, knock on wood. We mostly hung out on the beach, and even though I put on sunscreen 3x's, I still got a nasty burn on my back. I've been applying aloe lotion multiple times a day and taking cool baking soda baths. I think most of it will turn into a sweet tan, but unfortunately there's a couple of slivers of my back that got scorched pretty good so I'm sure they will be peeling soon.

11 comments:

beth said...

love your new look... so awesome. where is the institute?

Sassy said...

You are just a travelin' nut!!! And I am jealous!!! Just remember to look at everything twice once for you and once for me!

Anderson Family said...

I love Rocky Point and I have always eaten the food on the street. My family would always go in Dec so I have never been there when it's warm to swim in the ocean. The pictures look like it was fun.

Anderson Family said...

Hey we are leaving Hawaii in August don't know where most likely Washington State but mainly where ever Erik finds a job! Love your blog
Love
Kellie Marie

Teanne said...

Hey Colleen. Remember me? From the CA trip w/ Hyrum and Mary. Anyway, I found you! My cousin is Kristin Jarvis and there was a link to your blog on hers.
Well, you look great. It's so fun to check out people's blogs.
I had my baby. There's pictures of her on my blog, if you want to check it out.
Anyway, keep in touch.

Nikki said...

You are always traveling, I am jealous too. Yes, we need to get together and yes I sill want my MK stuff. It has been pretty crazy with me, I can't even tell you why, I guess I just feel busy. When can we do lunch, when are you in town, haha.

Cook Family said...

Ah, that looks like so much fun! I just saw your blog and was excited to see what you were up to :)

Robinette Family said...

Hey colleen have no idea if you remember me but I went to highschool with you. Stephanie Staples, just wanted to say hi.

Jenny said...

Hey Colleen, crazy, but I was blog hopping and found you. It has been years since I have talked with you. But it has been fun seeing the fun you have been having. I know you saw Matt a couple of years ago and you gave him your # but it was lost. Sorry.
Jenny and Matt Hardy

Jenny said...

Sorry, I am the worst at computers. But I don't know if you can get to my blog so I need to post it.
http://hardyhomestead.blogspot.com/
Jenny

Jenny said...

You know me from the San Marcos ward. Almost 8 years ago. Do you remember going to star's bridal shower? Did you keep in touch with her?
Jenny