As some of you know, one of the few talents I have is painting flowers on my toes. I used to do them a lot, but lately I just haven't taken the time to pamper myself with silly things like that. So after a very long time of having naked toes (no kidding, it's been over a year) I finally decided it was time to pamper my poor feet and give myself a pedicure. A friend had taught me this trick, and it's very simple to do. After you paint your toes, take a toothpick (I clip the end with a fingernail clipper to make the end blunt) and dip it in some craft paint. Be sure to dot it on some paper first so you don't get a globby mess on your toes, I like to practice making the flowers first. Then pick where you want to put your flower (middle, top, bottom). I start the flower by dotting the middle first (usually in yellow). Then I take another color and dot the petals (5 dots, usually white). Now this is optional but it adds a nice touch: Take another toothpick, not trimmed, and make tiny speckles off to the sides of the flower. Now once you've made your pretty flower, be super careful not to smudge it and let it dry! The wood paint takes longer to dry, so you'll need to be patient. Once they're dry, take a clear coat nail polish and paint over them. This will prevent them from peeling off. And that's it! You'll impress without spending the big bucks! Good luck!!! :)
Sunday, April 6, 2008
My Pretty Cheep Toes
Posted by
Colleen
at
7:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Okay well I do think you best be heading over here my friend and giving me a pedicure so when I do have this baby boy my toes are nice and polished and can be admired by me when I have nothing else to stare at. When I was in the hospital a few weeks ago all doped up with nothing to do all I could do was stare at the three toe nails I had painted and my prickly legs and think how pathetic and embarrassed I was.
Way cute. . . I need to do this before my belly gets too big to even see my toes.
I love sping time and summer weather where everyone wears flip flops and way cool toes!
so nice to hear from you again.
Your toes are so cute! It looks like you went and paid someone to paint them for you. I will have to try that myself. Thanks for the tips.
~Amy Jo
Soooooo TALENTED!!! WAY CUTE PIGGIES! Don't you just love pedi's? Boy I do!!! The very best pampering you can do for yourself. Nicely done.
Post a Comment