Sunday, April 6, 2008

It's been a long, long time....

So I've been called to blogger repentance! It's a been almost two months since I last posted, which is a big No No in blogger world. And so I am truly sorry for not being better at this. So please forgive me and here's a brief update of what I'm been busy doing:

Havasupai - Some of you know that I go with a group each summer to Havasupai. This will be my fifth year going and I absolutely love it! I've helped plan a couple of the trips and so I've taken it on myself to do it again since last year was a huge success. This year, I only made reservations for 35, but I have over 70 people who are on my list of wanting to go. Crazy! So for a while I was pretty busy working at trying to get that together. You can check out my blog that I've been working on: http://ysahavasupai2008.blogspot.com/



Work - I've had a new position as Special Ed. Dept. Head this past year. As a result, it has taken me out of the classroom and put me into an office. I spend most of my days in meetings, working on IEP paperwork, on the phone, writing emails,dealing with problems, and testing students. I have really missed being in the classroom. So I spent part of my Spring Break making an important decision. And so as a result, I will be stepping down as dept. head and getting my classroom back! This was such a relief for me and I'm really looking forward to next year and putting my Master's degree to work.


Wii - This is a new past time for me and some of my friends. One of my buddies had gotten one for Christmas and so we've enjoyed getting together and battling it out to a good game of Dodge Ball or Mario Cart. But sometimes I can get a little carried away and overextend myself, which I then pay for the next day with a little Wii tenderness in the arm and back. So please, if you play, be a little Wii careful!!!


Pat's Run - I'm trying to train for the Tempe Pat's Run Saturday April 19th. There is a group in my ward going and I thought it would be a good goal to work towards. It's 4.2 miles, which I'm a little nervous about because I'm so not ready!




4 comments:

Nikki said...

I will never bug you again about getting a new post. I know you are busy and lately I don't want to post anymore, see my new post, Im taking a break.

It's sounds like you have been doing some fun things and planning to do some really fun things. I love the toes too, thanks for the tip.

FinlaysonMagic said...

Ok Colleen are you ready to plan for a family trip? When the kids get a little older I so much want to plan a trip like that. Congrats on your promotion. When did you grow up? I feel like I have missed out so much. Keep your smile smiling and call me some time, when you have time, or I guess email me would be better!

Norris Family said...

Good luck on your run, I am sure that you will do great. That Wii sounds like a lot of fun I will have to check it out sometime. So you are stepping down as dept head, does that mean you are taking the job on the reservation?

Marlow Family said...

Tag you are it, see my blog. Megan