Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Utah June 6th-9th





I've been getting the travelling itch lately so Ryan's wedding was a great excuse to get a way for a bit to visit with family and friends. The weather in Utah was a bit more chilly than I had expected. As soon as we landed and they opened the doors, I began making my calls back home to get a jacket. Luckily Beth hadn't left to the airport and was kind enough to pick up a light hoodie at my house.

So I always thought it was funny when you hear how people meet on planes. While waiting to board in Phoenix I had met a lady, and through our discussions she learned that I was single. Once boarded on the plane and through some seat changes, I ended up close by her again, but this time there was a guy sitting with her and her husband. It appeared she must have been talking about me because as soon as I came by her face lit up as she pointed me out to him and introduced us. I think it's funny how people try to set you up just based on the fact that you're both single, but luckily he was tall dark and handsome. We didn't talk on the plane until after we boarded off. He did ask for my email address, but I doubt I'll ever hear from him, not because I think he's not interested but because I'm not sure if he'll be able to read his own handwriting, maybe he was nervous! ;)

That night we went out to dinner at Red Robin, because Amanda had heard the bruschetta burger was delicious. However, due to the tomato contamination, she was unable to fully experience the flavor of the burger as it was delivered to our table bruschetta-less. You think they could have warned us before we ordered, right? Nice. Oh, and speaking of awkward moments, we witnessed an young girl and old guy meet for a blind-date. He had the high cinched-up pants with the plaid button-up shirt carrying a rose for his unsuspected match. She looked a bit surprise, so not sure how that date was put together but my heart went out to her.

Saturday I had the opportunity to be at Ryan & Kelli's sealing. She was absolutely beautiful and he couldn't have been any happier. And despite that their photographer showed up late, they were still in very good spirits.

So later that night I joined Beth and Brandon for dinner and a movie. We saw Iron Man, which was still good the second time around. Afterwards we joined a friend of Beth's, whom she had met on a plane a couple of years ago, for some ice cream. After some bad turns, we finally made it and I enjoyed the classic oreo ice cream in a waffle bowl with homemade carmel syrup, yum! The way home to Cameron and Amanda's was once again filled with some bad turns and poor Beth still had to get back to her hotel. Needless to say, I had little sleep that night and Beth had practically none. So Sunday, I barely made it through sacrament and went back to the house to crash for a couple of hours. That night we hung out at the Norby's and visited with cousins, some of which I hadn't seen in a very long time, so it was really nice.

Monday sure came quick! Amanda and I took the kids to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. We watched a 3-D movie with the ugly people, took pictures with scary prehistoric creatures, and watched the kids dig for dinosaur bones. It was lots of fun and I had a great time bonding with Amanda and the kids.

This time on the plane, I met another guy. He noticed that I had been reading Eclipse and so we talked about the Twilight series and how his wife is into the books... huh, figures!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

It was great having you here. It turns out you're not as bad as everyone says!

Love the "Pocket Full of Sunshine" music. It's a good thing we don't allow that "devil music" you listen to in our vehicle so you could get current on the latest music trends. (That's the song I we were listening to at the Costco gas station, that you had not yet heard of.)

Cameron, the boys, and I know the REAL reason you came home early from church, but we'll just keep that hush, hush!

beth said...

that was a great trip... let's do it again... maybe educ week or something.


havasupi looks awesome!